ZuluPad Forum

ZuluPad Reader?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZuluPad Forum Forum Index -> Developers' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Muelver

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: ZuluPad Reader? Reply with quote

How about a ZuluPad Reader? The idea is to provide a distribution platform for ZuluPad docs. One way is to have the users run ZuluPad. Not bad, is you want the docs to be editable. For instance, an instructional doc could accept user answers typed right into the doc. Then the doc gets returned to the instructor for correcting and grading. To simplify the process, you could have the "index" page be the answer page, so the student would hop back to the index page to answer a question based on an inside page. Instructor would then only have to read the first page of the returned doc to do the grading.

But what if you don't want the doc edited? An ebook format, with page-turning links, read-only, is good for reference and tutorial materials. ZuluPad Pro with editing functions disabled would be a nice ebook platform. Then we would have something like Adobe Acrobat -- the PDF reader is free, the authoring tool has a price on it.
tgersic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll come up with something. Give me a few days...

Tom
Jerry Muelver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take your time, Tom. Every minute spent thinking about an app development saves and hour in the execution, by my experience. Besides, we have HTML export, which give us a interim solution. Wink
tgersic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry,

I've sent you a PM with a link to the "reader" version of ZuluPad Pro.

Tom
cyzyjy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: another "reader" idea Reply with quote

how about if the free version could read and display files saved with a "save as read only" feature in the pro version...this way, i could send my 'tutorials' as a compact file, students could download the Zulupad free version and use it for reading, and become converts to Zulupad...win/win/win all around, methinks:)
cyzyjy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: and zipped or compacted in some manner Reply with quote

and if the "reader" files could somehow compact all the files into one compact file it would be great...e.g., all the pictures, text, images that are linked to should be zipped or otherwise compacted into one simple package for distribution, perhaps with the extension zrf (zulu read file)
tgersic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I suppose I've dragged my heals enough on releasing ZuluPad Pro Reader. Here's a link:

http://www.gersic.com/zulupad/ZuluPadProReader.zip

This is basically a read-only version of the full application. You can give this version out to students or friends or whatever. Editing, saving and such are disabled.

Tom
Jerry Muelver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOT! Demo bundle, Reader and files, coming up! This will be fun! Very Happy
tgersic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Muelver wrote:
WOOT! Demo bundle, Reader and files, coming up! This will be fun! Very Happy

By the way, this version is slightly different than the one I sent you a few weeks ago. Mostly there's just a splash screen now to make sure people know they're using the reader version.

Tom
Jerry Muelver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it would be different, so I already downloaded the latest. Thanks, Tom!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZuluPad Forum Forum Index -> Developers' Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: